B&B Builders Inc. Contractor's Warranty
The B&B BUILDERS limited warranty covers defects in the material and workmanship that we provided, and extends for the period of one year from the date of substantial completion.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the property only as long as it remains in the possession of the original owner named above.
- To the construction work that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the construction work that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by others.
- That the contractor be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That contractor shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction at no cost to owner within a reasonable period of time.
- That the workmanship with respect to quality & defects will be with-in industry standards as set forth in the NAHB's "Residential Construction Performance Guidelines". Minor defects with-in industry standards will not be considered a warranty item.
- Under no circumstances shall contractor be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the construction defect.
- Defects in materials, appliances or pieces of equipment which are covered by manufacturer's warranties. As these have been assigned directly to the Owner, each manufacturer's warranty claim procedure must be followed where a defect appears in any of those items.
- Defects in items supplied or installed by the Owner or anyone other than the Contractor or its subcontractors are excluded from the contractor's warranty. This includes suppliers and subcontractors hired by the Contractor under the direction of the Owner.
- Defects which are the result of characteristics common to materials used, such as, but not limited to warping, shrinking, expansion or deflection of wood, including wood floors; fading, chalking and checking of paint due to sunlight; cracks in concrete due to drying and curing of concrete, plaster, brick or masonry; and drying, shrinking and cracking of caulking and weather-stripping, are excluded from the contractors warranty.
- Damage from ordinary wear and tear, abusive use, misuse, or lack of proper maintenance of the dwelling or its component parts or systems are excluded from the contractor's warranty.
- Loss or injury due to the elements and conditions resulting from condensation, or expansion or contraction of materials are excluded from the contractor's warranty.